Wednesday, May 16, 2012

A Brief Pause...

For the next few days, my posts may be few and far between...

I'm trying hard to collect my thoughts...
Yep, those are my thoughts, spread out all over the place.
 ...and make them coherent as I prepare posts entitled:

What Happened to the Church in the ‘60’s? Something happened, that’s for sure. I know I’m not the first one to notice or to write about it. It seems to me that the “something” that happened has to do with the Church being taken by surprise at some exploding concepts in the secular (and Protestant) world, and trying to “adjust” to some fundamental fallacies that had become popular. In the process, Catholic identity was compromised, and we ended up with a Protestantized Mass and a Protestantized view of marriage and contraception.

Forgotten Marital Virtues: Purity, Modesty, Chastity  As a friend mentioned to me recently, “Our world has become saturated with immodesty, impurity and lust. This is an enormous obstacle to learning and preaching the Truth. But, amazingly, in ‘traditional’ settings, these truths are ‘self-evident’, itself an insight into what happens when we embrace Truth as articulated in the teachings of the Church.” I should probably just let my friend do a guest post!

On Thursday, I'll be somewhere over the rainbow to attend an EF Mass for the Solemnity of the Ascension of Our Lord. Oh - here's a good suggestion from Tantamergo of  Veneremurcernui, aka "A Blog For Dallas Area Catholics" (but it's a great blog no matter where you are):
  
I don’t care what the silly “let’s never ask anything from anybody” approach calendar in the US says, tomorrow is Ascension Thursday! 40 days from the Resurrection – that’s Thursday! Go to Mass! I don’t care if it’s not offered as the Feast of the Ascension of the Lord, it’s still Mass and you can be in spiritual union with the brethren around the world who do get to celebrate this wonderful Feast on its proper day!

In the meantime, if you haven't watched these episodes of the Vortex...you should! (And consider becoming a premium member - go here.)






4 comments:

  1. Hi Jay,
    Briefly, I want to tell you I love your posts. Our Lord has clearly enlightened you with His true light. It doesn't surprise me at all to find a Garrigou-Lagrange book among the ones you show in the picture above. Keep fighting the good fight!

    God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I appreciate your kind words very much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jay,
    Again very briefly, have you read Michael Davies' The Liturgical Revoution (it's a trilogy)? I'm quite sure you would love them.

    God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read Michael Davies' "Liturgical Shipwreck", and have been trying to find the time to comment on it for the blog. I'll have to check out the set you mention. (PS...what's your name?!)

    ReplyDelete

Please be courteous and concise.